June 6th - August 5th, 2016*
Los Alamos National Laboratory
*Late arriving students on quarter system will be accommodated
Purpose: To focus a select group of upper-level undergraduate students and first year graduate students developing multi-disciplinary dynamic engineering system solutions to Los Alamos National Lab (LANL) mission relevant problems.
Focus areas: Students will learn about research in multi-disciplinary, dynamic engineering systems through tutorials and guest lectures, tours, and research projects.
1. Tutorials and Guest Lectures: Weekly tutorials and lectures with world class experts on various aspects of dynamic engineering systems (signal processing, system identification, embedded systems, model validation, nonlinear systems, and machine learning).
2. Projects: 3 person multi-disciplinary teams conduct research projects in an intense 9-week time frame. The goal is for the students to document and present their results at a professional conference. The 2016 Summer School students will present their research results at IMAC XXXV in Garden Grove, CA.
3. Fellowship amounts range from $7000 to $10,500, depending on academic status and the point of origin for the student’s travel to Los Alamos.
4. This program is limited to US citizens.
How to Apply:
Students should download an application form from http://ladss.lanl.gov and submit that with the following documents to LADSSApply@lanl.gov:
2. 1-page cover letter describing their interest in this summer school and multi-disciplinary, dynamic systems research as well as your near term (1-3 year) academic and professional goals
3. Complete transcripts (Unofficial is acceptable. Please mark through/black out any personal identifying information such as address, SSN, DOB, etc.)
4. At least one letter of recommendation
Applications will be accepted after Nov. 9, 2015.
Applications must be received by Jan. 10, 2016.
Acceptance notifications will be sent by Jan. 22, 2016.
Additional information can be found at
Please contact LADSSInfo@lanl.gov
Chuck Farrar at email@example.com
Eric Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org or
David Mascarenas at email@example.com