Monday, November 2, 2015
Six-month design internships - Genie/Terex (Redmond, WA)
Genie Industries/Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), a business segment of the Terex Corporation, is headquartered in Redmond, WA with branch offices worldwide; we manufacture material lifts, aerial work platforms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers, telehandlers, scissor lifts and self-propelled telescopic and articulating booms.
We are a company with a strong safety first mentality, team based culture, respect for the individual and high integrity.
We are seeking a Design Engineering Co-op/Intern who will perform work in conjunction with on-staff Engineering Team with focus on daily production needs (e.g. problem resolution) and value improvements. This is a 6 month Co-op/Internship.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. (International students are welcome to apply.)
- Basic analysis and testing; setting-up and administering tests to verify functionality, strength, safety; design considerations of prototype parts, assemblies, product design sketches and drawings.
- Create detailed engineering documentation including design, drafting and analysis on process and/or product improvement projects. SolidWorks, Microsoft Office products as well as other engineering software will be utilized.
- Position may involve working with outside vendors, including researching components and contacting suppliers. Team member will work on continuous improvement of processes and procedures in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Student
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong orientation towards safety, quality and continuous improvement
- Commitment to Lean Manufacturing
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to analyze problems and develop practical solutions