We are a team of dedicated engineering professionals, driven to produce the best wireless WAN modem solutions and technologies in the world. Our products can be found in many models of high-end smart phones from top tier OEMs, as well as in many feature phones and data modules. We pride ourselves on our cutting edge modem features and overall solutions. We provide many exciting opportunities not available at any other companies in our industry.
Our group is tight-knit, energetic and friendly. We believe in each individual members creativity and potential, best unleashed with a sense of ownership and autonomy. Members of our team are constantly challenged with and exposed to opportunities that will stretch their capabilities and push them to new levels.
As part of Qualcomm, the biggest fabless semi-conductor company in the world, and a company consistently ranked near the top of Fortunes list of 100 Best Companies to Work For, we offer excellent benefits and competitive packages. Most of our engineers get their own offices, one of many ways in which we try to create an excellent work environment.
We look for both fresh graduates and experienced candidates to add to our group. If you are searching for an opportunity to work with the best team in the industry, on the best products of the industry, look no further.
ResponsibilitiesSuccessful candidates will be asked to perform systems engineering functions for our modem products. Responsibilities may include:
- Partitioning of functionalities among different implementation layers such as hardware (HW), DSP, and software (SW)
- Providing specification for HW, DSP, and SW
- Simulation of communications systems and modules
- Design and refinement of physical layer algorithms including their fixed-point implementation
- Support of verification and validation of HW, DSP and SW
- Enhancement of modem performance and participation in competitive analysis
- Trouble shooting and field proof of modem features and operations
- Design of new system-level features which may necessitate interactions with other companies in the eco system
- Advancing 3G and 4G WAN technologies and QTIs positions with these technologies
- Frequent interaction with hardware, DSP, SW engineering teams, as well as product, marketing, and customer engineering teams may be required
Skills/ExperienceApplicants must have experience in one, or more, of the following areas:
- Expertise in communication theory, signal processing, error correcting codes, information theory, probability and random processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to program effectively in C/C++ and Matlab.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience with wireless standards (i.e. GSM/WCDMA/IS-95/IS-2000/1xEVDO/LTE/Wifi).
- Occasional travel to domestic and international locations may be required.
- Expertise on integrated circuit design, microprocessor architecture, embedded software, or data network protocols would be considered a plus.
Additional search key words: digital communications, signal processing, CDMA, architect, physical layer, PHY, MAC, information theory, DSP, cellular communication, WAN, communication, mobile, wireless, M2M
3G, 4G, LTE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA, HSPA+, GSM, WCDMA, IS-95, 1xEVDO, Wifi, modem, systems
Required: Master's, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experiencePreferred: Doctorate, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience