Network Engineering Technical Development Program Internship (NETDP)
At AT&T, our Chief Technology Office (CTO) is the embodiment of innovation. We're responsible for developing, designing, planning and building AT&T's wireless and wired networks, including the nation's fastest 3G wireless network, our groundbreaking U-verse network and one of the world's largest and most advanced IP backbone networks. Just as importantly, our team conducts industry-leading research and development for network technologies as well as the applications that take advantage of connectivity
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic students to participate in a summer internship for our Network Planning and Engineering Organization with a focus on engineering, managerial and financial aspects of the business. Individuals will gain invaluable knowledge on how to design, build, and operate wireless networks. Unlike other engineering internships, this person will get experience in several different aspects of our always changing business environment and will learn a broad prospective of the telecommunications business by interacting with senior management. It's a demanding role with high expectations.
During the internship, you’ll work on meaningful projects and deliver results. We give our interns the chance to understand how organizations work together to achieve their overall goals. We’ll match you with a team, and outline exactly what you’re expected to achieve. Our Executive Speaker Series will give you the chance to interact with our executives and gain insight from the leaders of AT&T.
And on the subject of leadership, at the end of your internship, you’ll present your accomplishments to VPs of AT&T and show the value you brought to the company. You’ll gain invaluable skills, work with the industry’s best professionals and be rewarded for your efforts.
Location: Atlanta GA, Dallas TX
· Students pursuing a degree in Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science and are rising Juniors or Seniors or pursuing their Masters degree
· Ability to effectively manage relationships with cross-functional partners
· Self-motivated and be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Excellent analytical skills and great attention to detail
· GPA of 3.0 or better
· Proficient skills in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint
· Demonstrated leadership attributes
· Must have reliable transportation or access to public transportation
· Must be Visa eligible, i.e., not require sponsorship
Apply online at http://att.jobs/student-program/netdpi today!
This internship is expected to begin around June 1, 2011.