STAFF ELECTRICAL ENGINEER 1-3
DIVISION: Electric Service Center
REPORTS TO: Standards & Planning Engineering Supervisor
STATUS/HOURS: Full Time / Mon - Fri
SALARY RANGE: $5272.84 – 6207.62 (DOE)
POSTING DATE: Friday, July 15, 2011
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Please submit a copy of all college transcripts with your application
· This position is responsible for engineering, drafting and planning of electrical facilities. The work includes, but is not limited to, the preparation of designs, reports, studies, layouts and estimates for the installation and maintenance of electric facilities and other electrical engineering work.
· Assignments and review will be given from other electrical engineers, managers and the division director and/or designee.
· Performs electric engineering support for transformer loading, pole loading in PLS-CADD, fuse coordination, transmission design, substation maintenance, and system protection devices.
· This position is viewed as a support role for other engineers; however, the work demands some independent judgment, creativity, quality, timeliness and the ability to work well with others.
· Provides assistance in planning, studies, reports and policies dealing with distribution, substation and transmission facilities for the ten-year plan, WECC/NERC, Oregon PUC, SUB policies and Productivity Incentive Program.
· This position also provides technical support to the Engineering Technicians.
· Will consider recent graduate for this position and will provide on the job training.
· Engineering experience in a utility or related experience is desired, but not required.
Knowledge and Skills
· Considerable knowledge in mathematics and science.
· Demonstrated competency in software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
· AutoCAD experience is preferred.
· Movement to an Electrical Staff Engineer 2 is based on years of experience and performance and is required to have and Oregon Engineer-in-Training license.
· Movement to an Electrical Staff Engineer 3 is based on years of experience and performance and is required to have an Oregon Professional Engineer license.
· A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited school.
A completed SUB Application of Employment along with a resume and cover letter is required. Please visit our website at www.subutil.com to print out an application. You may also apply at Springfield Utility Board - Human Resources, 223 “A” Street, Suite H. Please mail applications to SUB - HR, PO Box 300, Springfield, OR 97477.