Thursday, June 4, 2015

Dependable Strengths workshop: June 19 & 22

Looking to start a career? Are you seeking a career change? Or, simply interested in exploring how to enhance your current employment situation? The Career Center's Dependable Strengths Workshop is an excellent resource for alumni and students in any stage of career development and transition.

Friday, June 19th & Monday, June 22nd, 2015
8:15am - 5:00pm

You will identify the unique strengths and talents you offer employers and learn how to leverage them to find a satisfying career. You’ll assess your strengths and open up new opportunities, identify what you enjoy, things you do well and events or experiences in which you take pride.

The Dependable Strengths two-day group process is designed for those interested in assessing their skills and combining them to open new windows of opportunities, with a focus on networking and a nontraditional job search process.

Cost for the workshop:
$100 for Current Students (graduating seniors – you are still students till June 13th!)
$160 for UW Alumni Association members
$200 for non-UWAA alumni
$250 for Community Members (those unaffiliated with the UW)

For more information or to register for the Dependable Strengths 2 day workshop, please go to http://careers.uw.edu/DSSforAlumni.

What do past participants say about the Dependable Strengths Workshop?
• "I learned a new approach to career search and planning."
• "The program provides you with the tools to market yourself effectively."
• "I explored my strengths and talents from a different point of view - stepped out of myself and
evaluated my strengths in a very honest way to help me find my life work..."
• "It completely shifted my focus from ‘how can I fit into that job' to ‘how can I highlight my strengths
and abilities which will lead to getting the right job for me'."
• "I was amazed at the feedback from my group members. They really keyed in on who I am."
• "I now have a concrete outline with goals on how to better conduct my job search."

Questions? Contact Vic Snyder at vsnyder@uw.edu.

The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation contact the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: (206)543.6450/V, (206)543.6452/TTY, (206)685.7264 (FAX), or e-mail at dso@u.washington.edu.