We are looking for an Engineering Intern to work in our Menlo Park, California facility. The employment term will be no more than 6 months. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a rapidly growing organization that provides a stimulating environment for professional advancement and to work on projects that are at the leading edge of drug delivery technology.
The Engineering Intern is responsible for performing assigned duties relating to the development of a technology for delivering small and large molecular weight drugs through the skin. This person will also participate in the testing, characterization or development of formulations, methods, equipment or the product.
This person will report to the Director, Engineering and will have the following responsibilities:
· Solve problems using the scientific method.
- Write specifications, methods and test plans.
- Perform physical, mechanical or chemical testing and characterization of product or components.
- Test raw materials and components to specifications.
- Maintain communications with other team members to coordinate activities and present results of experiments along with recommendations.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret results.
- Write development and test reports of findings.
Note: Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the previous. Other duties may be assigned.
The qualifications for the position are:
- Working toward a Bachelors Degree in the Science or Engineering field
- Familiarity with lab equipment
- No work experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, SolidWorks
- Authorized to work in the US
Ashutosh Shastry, Ph.D.
Corium International, Inc.
235 Constitution Drive,
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Main Phone: 650.298.8255