The Eastern Washington Section of the Society of Women Engineers (www.eastwashingtonswe.org) administers a $1,000 scholarship funded by AREVA Inc. (www.us.areva.com). AREVA created this scholarship to help ease the shortage of engineers. The scholarship is awarded annually to a qualified engineering student in the rising-sophomore or above classification in engineering fields.
• Be a student who has completed at least one year of studies in an ABET accredited school with an intention to enter any engineering field.
• Be in a position to accept the scholarship toward undergraduate or graduate engineering studies in an accredited school in the Fall semester following presentation of the award.
• Attend an engineering school in one of the following states: Washington, Oregon, or Idaho.
Official scholarship forms from the Eastern Washington Section of the Society of Women Engineers are emailed and mailed annually to the student sections and/or the Dean of Engineering and Financial Aid offices of schools in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. Use of copies or reproductions is permitted. Additional application forms may be requested directly from:
EWS-AREVA Scholarship Chair
PO Box 364, Richland, WA 99352
Required Application Materials
All application materials will become the property of the Eastern Washington Section of the Society of Women Engineers. No application materials will be returned. In order to be accepted for judging, all of the following materials must be submitted:
• Application Form: Eastern Washington Section of the Society of Women Engineers – AREVA Scholarship Application Form.
• Transcripts: Official copy of applicant's transcript showing grades for the entire enrollment in current and/or prior college(s).
• An updated resume.
• Letters of Reference:
1. From the Engineering Department Head, a professor, or a faculty counselor.
2. From an individual who has personally known the applicant for a minimum of three years and who is not a relative of the applicant.
Evaluation and Award
Individuals working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in any engineering field are eligible. All factors are equally considered. Financial need and academic successes will be considered but will not be a final, determining criteria.