SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
G&W Application Engineers play a critical role within our organization – They are responsible for the interpretation of customer specifications and power requirements. The Application Engineer analyzes technical specifications and drawings to select the most appropriate G&W product for the application. Our custom engineering capabilities allow for creative solutions that allow us to satisfy nearly any application. An appreciation for deep technical knowledge of the product and application are needed to excel in this position as well as an equal balance of negotiation and relationship building skills.
As an Application Engineer at G&W, you have the opportunity to develop your skills into several different career paths within the organization. This role provides the necessary foundation to support your career development into other business areas such as product management, field sales, after-market support and operations. G&W is committed to investing the appropriate training, reward and recognition to ensure we have our best talent in this key role!
ESSENTIAL DAY TO DAY FUNCTIONS:
- Fully determine the technical and commercial requirements of the application.
- Select the appropriate G&W product to meet these requirements.
- Develop accurate cost models for both standard and custom equipment.
- Determine and negotiate price levels and lead times.
- Communicate these requirements to G&W’s Order Management team for engineering and manufacturing.
- Partner with Sales Team to develop and present customer sales strategies.
- Partner with customers and our Engineering team to develop custom solutions that satisfies the application.
- Manage the commercial and technical aspects of the customer.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our internal resources and Sales Team.
- Provide timely and effective verbal and written communication to our internal resources and Sales Team.
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from four-year College – A concentration in Power Engineering is preferred.
G&W offers a competitive salary commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience, as well as an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, short term/long term disability, life insurance, and a 401(K), profit-sharing and quarterly performance bonuses.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com