Thursday, October 31, 2013

EXPD drop-in hours and November info session

My name is Beth Scholler and I am an intern working with the Center for Experiential Learning & Diversity (EXPD) this year. I am a 2nd year MSW student who received  my undergraduate degrees at UW. My undergraduate experience was made possible through a Martin Scholarship from the Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards. It was further enriched by my participation with several other programs in EXPD: I was a Civic Fellow with the Carlson Center, a project leader for the MLK Day of Service, a Pipeline tutor, and a session assistant for the Undergraduate Research Symposium. I am very familiar with the programs in EXPD and excited about the chance to introduce students to the vast array of opportunities to be found here.
My internship focuses on outreach, recruitment and support for students in all 9 programs with EXPD. I look forward to working individually with students who are exploring their options in community engagement, research, and scholarships. Together, we can wade through the numerous opportunities afforded by each program, helping students to determine the next steps for achieving their goals.

Beginning this week and continuing throughout the academic year (not including quarterly breaks) I will have drop-in hours on Thursdays from 1pm-4pm. I will also be holding an info session on November 19 which will give an overview of the nine programs in EXPD:  Carlson Center, Early Identification Program, Global Opportunities, Jumpstart, Mary Gates Endowment for Students, Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards, Pipeline, Ronald E. McNair Program, and Undergraduate Research Program.
Learn how the Center for Experiential Learning & Diversity (EXPD) can help:
Info Session: overview of EXPD programs
When: November 19, 1:30-2:30pm
Where: MGH 171E

Center for Experiential Learning & Diversity         171 Mary Gates Hall                      expd.uw.edu     206-543-4282