Contact: Scott Ward SAWARD@irco.com
To apply: www.ingersollrand.com/careers
This position will lead engineering initiatives which deliver gross margin and product integrity improvement, support manufacturing operations, and meet customer requirements through custom engineered solutions. This position will work closely with cross-functional teams including product management, supply chain and operations.
• Provide technical oversight and support to production to meet customer expectations
• Provide Engineering design support of divisional productivity improvement projects through effective participation on cross functional teams
• Lead Engineering efforts on critical projects which includes idea development, prototype, project execution, and plant/business system implementation
• Coordinate design and project activities with other Product Engineers in and out of production facilities. Ensure performance, quality, and reliability are maintained throughout the design cycle
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of engineering design, documentation, and bill of material for products on both a domestic and global level
• Design and implement test programs to insure designs are adequate for intended purpose
• Research and resolve product integrity issues with an appropriate sense of urgency
• Facilitate and lead value stream and lean workshops with internal teams as well as supply base, conduct workshops to identify and define cost reduction opportunities
• Support plant and product management cost out and margin expansion activities
• Effectively use financial metrics along with evaluation of technical risk to make concrete decisions on level of project support
• Build and encourage a culture of productivity within the Industrial Technologies Sector. Provide support for the development of engineering team capability along with functional competencies.
• Provide technical guidance to team members including Sourcing, Operations, and Marketing with respect to product based decisions
• Manage productivity pipeline specific to site or product line to ensure opportunities are prioritized and aligned to sector and product strategy
• Support product transfers and Regional New Product Development
• Design, develop and implement custom engineered solutions meeting customer product specifications on budget and on time
Percentage of Travel: 20%
Min. Yrs. Experience: 5 years
Education Standard: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and lead multiple concurrent projects and key initiatives based on the distinct needs of the business
• Experience leading projects with moderate complexity; track record of delivering on cost and budget. Strong project planning and follow-up skills.
• Fluency with 3D CAD and PDM systems – Pro-E or Unigraphics experience is preferred
• Solid background in design and manufacturing principles, with preferred experience in machining, casting, injection molding, and gear design and analysis
• Plant or manufacturing operation experience strongly preferred
• Experience with quality and reliability processes, supplier qualification, and part approval requirements
• Ability to navigate projects or opportunities with limited definition and provide business and technical feedback on their merit
• Experience facilitating and leading teams
• Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to lead effectively across functions (operations, product management, sourcing, etc.)
• Experience with financial reporting and tracking systems, including basic cost accounting and project viability assessment(ROI, NPV, etc)
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
Some travel will be required (not to exceed 20%). International travel is a possibility.
Seeking candidates eligible for employment in local country/region.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employees, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.