Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Associate Engineer with Exponent
Priscilla Matschat, Human Resources Representative
Associate – Biomedical Engineering, Bellevue
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing industry, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 900 staff members work in 25 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 600 consultants, including more than 350 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
We are seeking an Associate at our Bellevue, WA location. The individual in this position will be responsible for providing a high level of project management, medical device regulatory and technical assistance, and program support to the consultants in the Biomedical Engineering practice.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing and logging all incoming project related material including medical devices for inspection, acquiring and maintaining research/reference literature, and organizing project related materials
• Editing and proofreading complex technical reports
• Providing technical review and quality control support for medical device related projects
• Reviewing literature, regulatory standards, and medical device guidance documents
• Synthesizing technical, medical, and regulatory information
• Compiling and managing data
• Monitoring and processing data related to project work/studies
• Interacting with clients
• Managing and tracking project budgets
• Managing project subcontractors
• Coordinating with laboratories related to project work
• Organizing and assisting with the daily activities of the practice
• Preparing client presentations
Qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in a Science or Engineering field; Biomedical Engineering preferred
• Experience in a research and/or project management environment
• Strong working knowledge of Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer required, experience with MS Project a plus
• Excellent communication, organization, writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Detail oriented, able to work independently, and manage time effectively
• Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Exposure to sensitive information will necessitate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
• Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
For consideration, please apply online at www.exponent.com/careers and reference “3526” as the keyword.
Exponent provides a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, including company-subsidized medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401(k) Retirement Program, with a 7% company contribution. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.