Software Engineer/Data Analyst Intern (Vulcan Technology)
Paid Summer Internship – Seattle, WA
As a Vulcan Intern on our Technology Development team, you’ll work with our engineers, designers, developers and project managers on projects helping to tackle some of the world’s toughest challenges including climate change, conservation, artificial intelligence and bioinformatics.
The Technology Development group partners with Philanthropic Initiatives on many projects. Several of those partnerships, including the Great Elephant Census, the Global FinPrint Project and the Sea Around Us Project, have provided the opportunity for novel data analysis and visualization work. We are looking for an advanced undergraduate or a graduate student to explore and present data from one of these projects and, under the guidance of Vulcan mentors, develop and promote a data analysis tool or visualization from one of the Oceans or Wildlife projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Junior or Senior Undergrad or Graduate student currently pursuing a degree or recently graduated from an accredited institution
· Data visualization experience (e.g. UW CSE512 or equivalent)
· Statistical computing experience
· Spatial data visualizations experience
· Visualizations with D3 experience
For more information about Vulcan’s Internship Program and to apply, please visit Vulcan.com.