Software Development Engineer I
So you’d like to be an embedded systems developer? You’ve earned your degree, maybe have a few years of coding experience under your belt; you’re a good C programmer, passionate about working with embedded systems, and you know a little something about networking protocols. So what’s your next challenge? Read on: your perfect job is calling.
CoCo Communications seeks an entry level Software Development Engineer to join us in revolutionizing future of home networks. You thrive in a collaborative, iterative, product- development environment where learning new technologies and overcoming technical challenges is routine. You’ll be happiest at CoCo if you’re an entrepreneur at heart: we are small and agile, with a comfortable work environment that promotes frank and open communication among and between team members at all levels.
What will you do in this role?
This is an opportunity to sharpen your programming skills by building and developing tools and features for our core products, with an initial emphasis on testing infrastructure. Working with a top-tier engineering team, you’ll begin by developing simulated, virtualized, and emulated tests to find critical defects in our core software. From this test-driven product understanding you will have ongoing opportunities for direct contribution to product feature development.
And while you help us meet the highest level of code quality standards, you’ll learn more than you ever imagined about wireless networking, Linux products, and embedded systems development.
To excel you'll need the following skills and experience:
· 3+ years of C programming skills; experience with object oriented languages is a plus.
· 3+ years of experience with networking protocols, including TCPIP, UDP, and others.
· 3+ years of Linux system administration experience.
· Prior experience authoring test plans and cases, and hands-on test execution.
· Demonstrated passion for embedded systems development, including socket programming experience.
· Test-driven or Agile development experience is a plus.
CoCo accepts candidates legally authorized to work in the United States, but does not sponsor employment visas.
At CoCo Communications:
· We strive to make wireless networks as reliable and robust as those in the wired world.
· Our mission is to develop dynamic, self-governing wireless network technologies so that our customers can focus on managing and using critical information.
· We are committed to integrity, technical rigor, mutual respect, and continuous improvement.
· We are an equal opportunity employer.
Join us and enjoy the abundant professional growth opportunities that come from partnering with a world-class team creating cutting-edge technology.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com