Position : Control Systems Lead ( CSL ) Permanent full time with benefits
Please email resumes to Debbie.email@example.com
Please be sure to include a current phone number on resumes
Contact : Debbie Korber 847 463 6483
The Control Systems Lead (CSL) is responsible for providing Subject Matter Expert support within the 24x7 fulfillment center operations. The primary focus is on maintaining, advanced troubleshooting and modifying material handling equipment (MHE) control systems equipment to ensure operational performance of the MHE equipment including Conveyors, Sortation Systems, Hi Speed Scanners, Cameras, Print & Apply System and SCADA Devices & Programs.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain, troubleshoot and modify PLC ladder logic for MHE systems including PLC/PC Controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, Device Net, Profibus, motor control systems,
•Servo drives, variable frequency drives and electrical distribution systems.
•Act as escalation support for the control systems technician team; appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
• Monitor MHE Metrics and partner with facilities/client operations teams to deploy system performance improvements within the fulfillment center
• Apply subject matter expertise in MHE and electronic systems to maximize equipment availability to production
• Perform and utilize fulfillment center system assessments to identify opportunities in improving utilization of systems/equipment.
•Partner with facility operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects within the building.
•Work within the cross site network to provide support and guidance for other fulfillment centers.
•May require the need to dial into other fulfillment centers and may require minimal travel.
•Communicate technical issues and project timeline with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems.
•Develop system documentation and Standard Work instruction for the operations team thus minimizing the risk of downtime caused by human error from the maintenance and operations team.
• Develop and/or maintain training documentation on relevant control systems. Provide training on control Systems to technicians.
• Develop maintenance procedures to maximize the usable life of assets and provide the greatest equipment availability to production
•Must have demonstrated recent experience using RSLogix 5000 to troubleshoot, program and modify PLC code. Lack of RSLogix5000 will disqualify the candidate for this role.
•Experience with Robotics systems components
•Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and modify program HMI components
•Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and modify the following: PLC failures, device failures, Robotics systems components, Control Network components, HMI components, Motor Controls and starters, VFD’s and standard electrical components
•Industrial electrical hands on experience and troubleshooting of 24VDC up to 480V 3phase systems.
•Experience and understanding of messaging protocols within a Warehouse Management System software as well as Warehouse Control Systems.
• Strong reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
•Ability to Interpret and modify mechanical/electrical drawings and P&ID's
•Ability to identify, maintain and utilize SCADA Systems and KPI's
• Ability and willingness to train other employees with lesser skills
• Able to access all areas and levels of the facility
• Ability to interpret, understand and design policies & procedures and relate them to others.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
•Systems Controls knowledge and programming experience using RSlogix5000
• Field Service Engineering Experience
• Systems Trainer or training experience
• Experience with a wide range of conveying and sortation’s systems
•Experience with advance automation control systems
•Experience with industrial robotics
• Project Management experience