GROUP: Mindfulness for Healthy Living
Location: Hall Health Center
Start date: October 15 – December 10
Time: Thursdays, 1:00- 2:30 p.m.
Frequency/duration: Weekly, 8-week series
Here is to how to refer to the group:
If someone is interested in group, please have them contact either Ryli Webster or Carey DeMartini by phone at 206-543-5030 or e-mail at email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Group screening is required prior to attendance.
Here is more information about the group:
· Develop awareness of stressors and emotions and learn new ways to respond rather than react to them.
· Learn how to tolerate discomfort and practice skills for relating to challenging emotional and physical experiences.
· Engage a mindful approach toward yourself and your experiences and learn tools that support healthy living.
· Experience greater self-compassion, health and overall well-being.
· For people who are interested in learning tools to manage life stressors and improve life balance
· For people who want to change maladaptive behavior patterns and are living with issues related to stress, anxiety, physical health, substance use, sleep, eating and compulsive behaviors.
This group draws from several evidence-based mindfulness approaches, such as Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP), Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC), self-directed neuroplasticity, and yoga.
Group sessions will focus primarily on mindfulness, meditation, and yoga practices aimed at learning and practicing skills for healthy everyday living.