Hall Health Mental Health
Fall Quarter Groups 2015
1. DBT Skills Group: (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy group). Mondays from 1:30-3:00 pm. Starting Monday, October 5, 2015. Ten weeks. Learn how to increase self-awareness, build relationship skills, manage crisis situations, and better control your emotions. Open to clients referred by their Hall Health Mental Health Clinic providers. Co-facilitated by Treg Isaacson, MA (221-7983) and Chia-Wen Moon, LMHC (543-3213).
2. Procrastination/Perfectionism Group: Two Sections - Wednesdays from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. and Fridays from 9:30 am to 11:20 am. Ongoing. This is group for folks who struggle with procrastinating and being perfectionist. Learn how to be less anxious about being anxious, which includes seeing clearly that there is no need to avoid experiencing anxiety. Facilitator: Ricardo Hidalgo, LMHC. Info at: 206-543-5030, option #4 or via email at email@example.com .
3. A Mindful Approach to Anxiety: Tuesdays 2:00 to 3:30 pm. Starting October 13, 2015. Eight weeks. Explore common signs of anxiety and learn how to approach the anxiety in your life and situations you tend to avoid. If you are interested in learning more about the group, please contact co-facilitators Carey DeMartini, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Chia-Wen Moon at email@example.com.
4. Beginning Mindfulness Meditation Groups: Two sections – Tuesdays 9:30 to 11:00 starting October 20, 2015; and Wednesdays 4:00 to 5:30 am starting October 21, 2015. Eight weeks. Mindfulness meditation is a practice that involves cultivating attention to the present moment in a nonjudgmental manner. The benefits of mindfulness meditation have been widely studied and include alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, increasing capacity for attention and concentration, improving self-esteem, enhancing resilience to stress. No prior knowledge or experience is required. Participants will be provided with materials, instruction and support for building and sustaining a meditation practice. To enroll contact the Mental Health Clinic at (206) 543-5030 option #4. For questions e-mail or phone the group facilitator, Meghann Gerber, Psy.D.: (206) 221-7941; firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Mindfulness Meditation Follow-up Groups: Wednesdays and Thursdays from noon to 1:00 pm. Starting October 14, 2015 and October 15, 2015 respectively. Ongoing. For those who are already familiar with mindfulness meditation and want to continue in an open, ongoing, weekly group. An 8-week commitment is recommended. Facilitated by Meghann Gerber, PsyD. Contact Meghann at 206-543-5030 option #4.
6. Overcoming Social Challenges: Wednesdays 2:00 to 3:30 pm. Starting September 30, 2015. If you're interested in the group or have questions, please contact one of the co-facilitators: Treg Isaacson, MA (221-7983) or Meghann Gerber, Psy.D.: (206) 221-7941.
7. Sober Support Group: Fridays 3:00 to 4:30 pm. Starting October 23, 2015. This is a therapy group for people who want support maintaining their recovery from alcohol and drugs. If you're interested in the group or have questions, please contact the group facilitator, Rachel Gerken, LMHC, at email@example.com or call 206-543-5030, option #4.
8. Mindfulness for Healthy Living Group: Thursdays 1:00 to 2:30 pm. Starting October 15, 2015. This is a therapy group for people who want to change maladaptive behavior patterns and/or learn to manage stressors and improve life balance. The focus will be primarily on mindfulness, meditation, and yoga practices aimed at learning and practicing skills for healthy everyday living. If you're interested in the group or have questions, please contact the group co-facilitators, Ryli Webster, MSW, LICSW, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carey DeMartini, at email@example.com or call 206-543-5030, option #4.
Cost of all groups: $57 per session ($40 No Show Fee without 24 hour notice). Insurance may cover fees, please check with your insurance carrier.
Where: Mental Health Clinic, Hall Health Center, 3rd Floor.
Register, get information, or ask questions at 206-543-5030, option #4 for any and all groups.Go to http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/content/clinics/mental-health/group-therapy-support-groups for more information about our groups.