The Process Engineer is responsible for wafer level processing, inspection, and verification of optoelectronic components at Zephyr Photonics. This task will include aiding in the development of a manufacturing processes for internal sourcing of optoelectronic components and implementing, tracking and reporting process control and performance metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, R&D, and fabrication to meet cost, quality, and delivery goals
- Author manufacturing procedures and specifications, including process verification and validation activities, for the purpose of meeting military or aerospace regulatory requirements.
- Implement designed experiments (DOEs) and statistical process controls (SPCs).
- Improve manufacturing processes and drive cycle time reduction and automation, where applicable
- Conduct training and process planning, select controls and process metrology, and continuously evaluate operating methods
- Develop functional specs and participate in the entire development life cycle, including developing and implementing process improvements, and creating documentation to meet customer requirements
- Coordinate failure analysis efforts with the FA team
- An active hands-on approach to technology development is critical to this position
- 2+ years experience in optoelectronic or microelectronic device fabrication and characterization in a semiconductor cleanroom is highly desired
- Recent college graduates encouraged to apply
- Thorough understanding of semiconductor optoelectronic device operation and applications
- Experience authoring technical procedures and specifications
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Due to the nature of our business, we require US citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
Physical health must be sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position.
Zephyr Photonics offers competitive salaries and company benefits, in a very scenic environment at Lake Tahoe.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your documents, they will be forwarded to the appropriate hiring manager for review. If they decide to continue the recruiting process, they will request qualified applicants to submit our employment application, including authority to release information, and other information as appropriate.
You may also send your completed documents via postal mail to the following:
Zephyr Photonics, Inc. Attn: Personnel Department P.O. Box 10779 Zephyr Cove, NV 89448-2799