The Optoelectronic Component Engineer will be part of our team developing and manufacturing optoelectronic devices (VCSELs and PINs) and integrating them into modules for high end applications in the defense and aerospace markets. The position will be responsible for leading the development and production of optoelectronic components at Zephyr Photonics. This position will be part of a team developing and manufacturing high-end optoelectronic devices for harsh environment optical interconnect applications.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, R&D, and fabrication to meet cost, quality, and delivery goals
- Author manufacturing procedures and specifications, including process verification and validation activities, for the purpose of meeting military or aerospace regulatory requirements.
- Implement designed experiments (DOEs)
- Improve manufacturing processes and drive cycle time reduction and automation, where applicable
- Conduct training and process planning, select controls and process metrology, and continuously evaluate operating methods
- Develop functional specs and participate in the entire development life cycle, including developing and implementing process improvements, and creating documentation to meet customer requirements
- Coordinate failure analysis efforts with the FA team
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or related field
- An active hands-on approach to technology development is critical to this position
- 2+ years of experience in semiconductor device fabrication and characterization
- Thorough understanding of semiconductor device operation and applications
- Experience authoring technical procedures and specifications
- Experience in a number of the following areas: Optoelectronic Device Design, Epitaxy, Wafer Fabrication, Mask Layout Design, III-V Semiconductors, Device Packaging, Device Characterization
- High academic achievement as measured by peer-reviewed journal articles and conference presentations
- Recent graduates encouraged to apply
- Due to the nature of our business, we require US citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
Physical health must be sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position.
Zephyr Photonics offers competitive salaries and company benefits, in a very scenic environment at Lake Tahoe.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your documents, they will be forwarded to the appropriate hiring manager for review. If they decide to continue the recruiting process, they will request qualified applicants to submit our employment application, including authority to release information, and other information as appropriate.
You may also send your completed documents via postal mail to the following:
Zephyr Photonics, Inc. Attn: Personnel Department P.O. Box 10779 Zephyr Cove, NV 89448-2799