LEVITON Information Sessions TODAY
· Graduating in June? Leviton is hiring for their Engineering & Product Development Program
· Looking for an internship or co-op job? They’ll be hiring for those positions soon
· Jobs are posted on the Engineering Job Board – www.engr.uw.edu\coop\
ABOUT THE Engineering & Product Development Program
Leviton has identified the need for new engineers to apply their skills on a global stage and to learn the ‘business’ of engineering across multiple product platforms and markets. The world is fast-paced and Leviton is the smart place to apply your skills.
Do you have a passion for ingenuity and innovation? Do you want to be part of a team that designs and develops state-of-the-art solutions that offer great functionality, built-in intelligence, and supports sustainability?
If so, make the “Smart Choice” and apply to become a part of our Engineering & Product Development Program. This program is designed for high caliber engineers to get exposure across Leviton with four six-month assignments. You will learn that Leviton defines success by being the largest privately-held global provider of electrical wiring devices, network and data center connectivity solutions, and energy management systems. Leviton offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Come join Leviton and launch your career today!
About the Program
As a program participant, you will complete four assignments (each assignment six months in duration) across Leviton’s global Business Units:
1. Energy Management
4. Home Automation Systems
5. Industrial / Electric Car Charging
Locations will vary but range from Melville, NY, Bothell, WA, New Orleans, LA to Tualatin, OR. Your projects may take you to other Leviton facilities and sites in Mexico, China, Canada and/or India.
Assignments are engineering-based, but will vary based on your talents and skills and may include:
· Product development (electrical, mechanical, software)
· Manufacturing Engineering
· Product Management
· Applications Engineering
This program allows participants to work with Leviton’s key innovators on projects that are critical to our business. You will have opportunities to network with employees at all levels of the organization, receive formal coaching and mentoring and be able to attend training that will be beneficial to your development.
Upon successful completion of this program, your newly acquired experience could lead you to a variety of opportunities across Leviton with the expectation of joining one of Leviton’s Business Units.
At the end of the program, you must be willing to permanently relocate to the State in which a position is available.
· Expected to graduate in May or June 2014
· Must be pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
· Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in mechanical, electrical, electronics or software engineering
· Prior intern, co-op, research and/or lab experience preferred
· Must exhibit leadership, analytical and effective communication skills
· Must be willing to travel and relocate for rotational assignments
· Must be committed to completing the two-year job rotation
Leviton at a Glance
· Nine out of ten homes in North America use products made by Leviton
· Industry professionals rank Leviton #1 in brand preference
· Portfolio of more than 25,000 products and 600 patents
· Employs more than 6,500 people
· Sales in 80 countries
· Privately-held, secure, long-term investment focused
More about Leviton
Leviton is the smart choice, providing the most comprehensive range of solutions to meet the needs of today’s residential, commercial and industrial
buildings. Leveraging more than a century of experience, From switches and receptacles, to daylight harvesting controls, networking systems, and equipment for charging electric vehicles, Leviton solutions help customers achieve savings in energy, time and cost, all while enhancing safety. Through investment in research and development, manufacturing, distribution, human capital and training, Leviton is well positioned to respond to the needs of a changing marketplace. Leviton’s heritage provides a strong foundation for meeting and exceeding market expectations by bringing innovation to our industry.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by visiting our website at: www.leviton.com/careersLeviton is an AA/EEO employer