The Business School has just opened UW’s first competitive minor, the Entrepreneurship Minor. The deadline to apply for the winter quarter is October 25th, and we will announce another date in the spring for fall admission. See the following for more information.
Start-ups. They only start with the idea.
Your business skills could turn that idea into a reality.
Some people are just born to change the world. They see opportunities everywhere—from the daily annoyances to the grand challenges that face our society. But we can tell you that it takes more than a great idea. It takes the savvy skill set, knowledge, and energy of an entrepreneur. If you’re a visionary with the passion and determination to shape the future, get the business know-how with the Foster School’s new, competitive Entrepreneurship Minor for undergraduates.
Students who pursue the minor are creative and motivated, and looking for ways to apply the knowledge they’ve gained from their major to an entrepreneurial endeavor. Open to all non-business undergraduates, this 31-credit competitive minor offers students the opportunity to leverage their unique talents, as well as their new-found business knowledge, to achieve their start-up goals.
- ECON 200 Microeconomics (5)
- ACCTG 215 Financial Accounting (5)
- ACCTG 225 Managerial Accounting (5)
- ENTRE 370 Intro to Entrepreneurship (4)
- ENTRE 472/473 Creating a Company I & II (8)
AND choose 4 credits from:
- ENTRE 432 Software Entrepreneurship (4)
- ENTRE 440 Business Plan Practicum (2)
- ENTRE 443 Environmental Innovation Practicum (2)
- ENTRE/MKTG 455 Entrepreneurial Marketing (4)
- ENTRE 459 Venture Investing (4)
- ENTRE 490 Special Topics
The Entrepreneurship Minor will challenge your creativity and critical thinking skills, while providing you with the knowledge and experience every entrepreneur needs.