Staff Researcher: Audio Coding
Sound Technology Research
Advanced Technology Group
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. As a member of the Dolby team, you will see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do this, we need the absolute best talent, including experts in emerging audio signal processing and acoustics technologies.
This position is in Dolby’s Sound Technology Research Group and involves the creation and refinement of innovative audio signal processing technologies from conception through proof of concept and first reduction to practice. Primary research focus areas include perceptual audio coding, parametric audio coding, and psychoacoustic modeling. Secondary research topics fall within the broader field of audio and acoustics signal processing. This role requires close collaboration with other R&D staff, and includes opportunities for proposing new research directions and project leadership. We are seeking a self-motivated, highly talented team player that is interested in applying his/her skills to enhance audio delivery and reproduction from content creation to consumer device playback. Research results will be evaluated through objective performance metrics and subjective listening tests. We work in teams that interact with other internal groups in multiple geographies as well as potential customers of the technology.
Requirements: Candidates must have these skills or background.
· Ph.D. Electrical Engineering with 3 years of algorithm development experience, or MS Electrical Engineering with 5 years of algorithm development experience
· Demonstrated strong ability to create fundamentally new audio signal processing technologies in the form of technical papers, products, and/or patents
· Proficient in the advanced theory and application of digital audio processing and filterbanks
· Strong interest and curiosity in learning, researching and creating new audio processing technologies
· Team-oriented work ethic
· Excellent communication skills
· Proficient in MATLAB and C/C++ language programming
· Expertise in all of the following:
o Perceptual and parametric audio coding theory, methods, and standards
o Psychoacoustic modeling
o Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as linear algebra, probability and statistics, number theory, and information theory
Please apply directly to the following link and your resume will be read immediately: