- Are you working towards positive solutions to environmental challenges or to issues impacting Indian country?
- Have you demonstrated your commitment to one of these areas through public service?
- Do you inspire and motivate others to take action?
- Are you committed to making a difference through civility and consensus building?
The Morris & Stewart Udall Scholarship offer current college students an opportunity to share that commitment with others, next work with professional in the field and receive up to $5,000 for academic expenses. The Udall scholarship honors the legacies of Morris Udall and Stewart Udall, whose careers had a significant impact on American Indian self-governance, health care, and the stewardship of public lands and natural resources. The Udall is open to sophomores, juniors and seniors who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree full time during the 2016-2017 academic year.
Applicants for the Udall Scholarship should be interested in the following issues:
Tribal Policy – For Native Americans and Alaska Natives working on an array of policy issues in Indian country
Native Health Care – For Native Americans and Alaska Natives pursuing health-related careers
Environment – For undergraduates interested in conservation and environmental issues
UW-Bothell and Seattle Campus Application Deadline: December 3, 2015 -- Application can be found at EXPD ONLINE
UW-Tacoma Campus Application Deadline: January 8, 2016 – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Upcoming Information Sessions: RSVP https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/143
- 3:30 – 4:20 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 15, 2015, MGH 173R Conference Room
- 2:30 – 3:20 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2015, MGH 173R Conference Room
- 3:00 – 3:50 p.m., Tuesday, Nov 17, 2015, MGH 173R Conference Room
For more information, please see the Udall websites: https://udall.gov/OurPrograms/Scholarship/Scholarship.aspxOr the Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards Udall Webpage