Course: LSJ / CHID / DIS ST 230 Introduction to Disability Studies
Lectures on Mon. & Wed. 10:00-11:20, and quiz sections on Tues. & Thurs.
Date available: Autumn Quarter 2015
Application deadline: Monday, August 3, 2015
1. Attending all lectures.
2. Leading quiz sections (format will usually be discussion of readings and lecture materials).
3. Reading all course materials.
4. Holding office hours and responding to email from students.
5. Grading all assignments submitted by the students in your quiz sections and maintaining grading records.
6. Attending regular meetings with the instructor.
7. Optional: prepare and deliver one or two lectures.
Hiring criteria: Graduate students in any discipline with a background in the academic field of disability studies are encouraged to apply.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with academic standing, qualifications, and experience.
How to apply: If you are interested, please send a one page description of your experiences in teaching, research, and disability studies, your curriculum vitae, and the name/contact information for a faculty member who knows your background and skills. Applications should be sent to Joanne Woiak at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 3, 2015.
Application inquiries may be made with: Joanne Woiak, Disability Studies Program, email@example.com.
These appointments are dependent on final funding allocation.
This job classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions. For information: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/jobs/apl/union-info.html