CSHQA is an architecture and engineering firm of 90 professionals based in Boise, Idaho with regional offices in Denver, Sacramento, Phoenix and Tucson. We design retail, healthcare, commercial, aviation, education, hospitality, multi-family, civic and government facilities for clients in all 50 states, plus Alberta and British Columbia.
With the resurging economy we are seeing new and exciting work in all offices, and our staff, which ranges from AITs and EITs to 30-year veterans, works in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in studio-style teams. The engineering group includes electrical, communication, mechanical, plumbing, civil and structural engineers. Our full-service capabilities are further complimented by teams of landscape architects and interior designers.
CSHQA is known for the quality of our design and our advocacy of energy efficiency and sustainability. Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of our process to deliver high value solutions to our clients.
We are people who listen ~ creating design that speaks.
Section 2: What we are looking for:
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER IN TRAINING (EIT) – Boise ID
Opportunity for an Electrical Engineer-in-Training (EIT) at A/E Design Firm in Boise!
DESCRIPTION AND DESIRED QUALITIES
Share our promise to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that exceed our client’s expectations! Our Boise office is seeking a talented Electrical Engineer-in-Training to participate as a team member in the technical development of schematic, design development, construction documents, specifications and construction administration for institutional, retail and commercial building projects.
You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be a detail-oriented team player with ability to contribute to a positive work environment. Your strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines will be key to your success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER-IN-TRAINING (EIT)
· Electrical engineering of power and lighting systems for institutional, retail and commercial building projects
· Design electrical low voltage distribution systems for lighting, power, and grounding systems including preparation of specifications and design drawings in AutoCAD and/or Revit
· Perform and prepare engineering calculations including energy, load, photometrics, voltage drop, etc. and well-coordinated, technically sound construction documents that are cost-effective, clear, efficient and constructible
· Perform pre-design site visits, attend design meetings, and prepare construction phase site observations to present in detailed technical narrative reports
· Construction administration including review of shop drawings, response to RFI’s, and coordination with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase of the building project
· Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, consultants, etc. throughout the design phases of the building project
· Meet client schedules and internal design and construction administration time budgets.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
· Proficiency with AutoCAD
· Efficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
· Familiarity with Revit
· Familiarity with electrical load calculations programs
WHAT YOU WILL FIND
As an organization, we strive to sustain a positive and productive work environment. Our goal is to work hard, be engaged in our jobs, and have fun. Employees are encouraged to provide input that will help CSHQA continue to be a great place to work. We inspire personal and professional development in a positive, creative and stable work environment. We believe we are most effective in our jobs when we achieve balance between our personal and professional lives.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with co-workers, read, work on a computer, use a computer keyboard and mouse as well as operate the phone system, facsimile machine, and copy machine.
FLSA Status: Exempt
CSHQA is an Equal Opportunity Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled.
Section 3: How to Apply
For more information about CSHQA and our application process, please visit our website at www.cshqa.com.