Technical Support Specialist
SummaryManagement of existing neuroscience customer accounts. Primary duties will include responding to customer support requests and developing software based products that can improve existing software usability. This position requires travel to attend trade shows and visit with customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Technical Sales Lead to address all incoming support requests, including experimental design, electrical, hardware, and software issues, along with basic system use questions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly with customers in a technical manner. This includes the ability to speak and write technical content for customers individually and as a whole; e.g., user manuals.
- Ability to debug open-ended software and hardware issues. This position will require strong C/C++ and MATLAB skills.
- Travel within the U.S. and globally to attend trade shows and visit with clients when on-site support is needed. Weekend and evening travel will be required.
- This position will report to the Technical Sales Lead and will require the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position will assist Marketing and Sales in creation of trade show demonstrations.
Qualifications – Required
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, physics, or math
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on technical writing
- 2-3 years working experience with C/C++ programming
- 2-3 years working experience with MATLAB programming
- Basic understanding of electronic circuits and ability to debug them
- Ability to problem solve open-ended engineering problems with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel to customer laboratories and scientific conferences (1-2 trips per month)
- Interest in learning basic neuroscience experimentation practices for the purpose of client support
Qualifications – Preferred
- Advanced degree in sciences or engineering
- Advanced degree in neurosciences
- 5+ years working expertise with C/C++ programming
- Experience with Linux, Windows, and Mac operation systems
- Advanced expertise in MATLAB programming, including compiled MEX functionality and Simulink block design
- Working experience with Python programming
- Working experience with LabVIEW programming