APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 2, 2015
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
Among the millions of ordinary jobs in the world there are a few special places that allow you to play an essential role in helping build upon a rich history of delivering innovation to its customers. You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Project Engineer, Emerging Technologies (R13-405)
This position strikes a balance between requiring a deep knowledge of electrical engineering in order to go deep on emerging technologies such as distributed generation, energy storage, transportation electrification, smart grid technologies, etc., in the energy industry in order to understand their value to the utility, while simultaneously serving as a senior-level individual contributor to deploy and validate demonstration projects that focus on distributed energy resources. Works directly with management to guide complex research to uncover industry trends, understand impacts, and develop business cases for demonstration projects in cooperation with internal stakeholders from across the company to competitively position PGE.
You will also play a critical role in setting a tone in the department and across the company that stresses being canny and streetwise, possess the determination to contribute; the desire to improve; the hunger to learn, the slight paranoia that prompts team members to think about PGE not being the community’s trusted energy partner; the optimism and hard work to make sure we are.
Top candidates will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a related technical field preferred
· MBA or certification in project management desirable
· A minimum of 8 years of progressive combined experience in engineering, technology and business assessment, including implementing or testing new technology or field trials with retail customers is preferred
· Strong knowledge of emerging technology trends – both from a technical and a utility industry perspective
· Excellent written communication skills to clearly communicate ideas in reports, produce executive-level presentations and prepare project documentation
· Excellent oral communication skills to facilitate meetings, deliver presentations to diverse audiences, present proposals and negotiate contracts
· Demonstrated ability to make technical and business assessments of energy conversion, electrical, electronic, control, and communication technologies
· Strong knowledge of utility business model, operations, and economics effecting profitability including principles of regulating an electric monopoly
· Strong capability to analyze and articulate the costs and benefits of new technologies in technical, pro forma, business/market proposition, and executive presentation formats
· Driver’s license with a good driving record
Core business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. This position also requires travel to and from, and attendance of, conferences and events that are outside core business hours.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R14-335 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact: