MAQ Software is a fast paced digital marketing and technology solutions company. We utilize Agile and Continuous Delivery techniques to work on large databases using the latest Business Intelligence and Windows Azure to deliver great applications.
MAQ Software is a
• Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and a Microsoft Preferred Vendor
• Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies for six years (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012)
Our company is headquartered in Redmond, with engineering centers in Hyderabad and Mumbai. For the last thirteen years, we have delivered complex database applications for clients in the high technology, healthcare, and manufacturing industries. We work closely with Microsoft Corporation to analyze great marketing campaigns and business applications using information from large databases.
The Software Engineer role provides a unique opportunity to be involved with every aspect of the project throughout the software development life cycle. This role includes all technical challenges associated with ensuring project delivery on multiple fast paced projects.
Key result areas as percentage of overall work items:
• Understand functional requirements and design the architecture for applications
• Develop Business Intelligence and web analytics applications using C#, HTML5/ CSS3 and SQL Server
• Prepare daily builds and reports for client project review
• Participate in writing and reviewing code, reviewing security and giving weekly presentations to the extended teams
• Follow Scrum model for the software development life cycle
Cross-team collaboration (~30%)
• Regular collaboration with engineering teams (Redmond and India) through daily conference calls to ensure high quality deployment
• Gather business requirements and write technical specifications for the project
Process development and training (~10%)
• Become subject matter expert by exploring relevant technical developments and share knowledge with team through technical sessions
• Demonstrate competency in Microsoft technologies by clearing Microsoft certifications (majority of our developers hold three to four Microsoft Certifications)
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree with a focus on Computer Science
• Knowledge of web development, databases and other related technologies helpful
• Strong communication skills