What do the fabulous females above have in common? They are remarkable leaders and role models in business and the world like Pepsi CEO Indra Nooyi, top left. All have had to address questions of life purpose, leadership style, family priorities, work-life balance, finding their passion, taking the right risks and building confidence on their road to success.
We will use their lives and the experiences of local guest speakers to find personal answers to the same questions, enhance skills and create a personal vision. We will:
· Interact with at least seven local women in leadership positions.*
· Apply a leadership framework that has helped women around the world succeed
· Create a personal vision board to picture your ideal career and life
· Examine different ideas of work-life balance
· Practice your authentic leadership style
· Translate your strengths, values, dreams and goals into a life and career worthy of you
Professor: Cate Goethals, a longtime Foster School lecturer whose MBA class Women at the Top was named one of the 10 most innovative MBA classes of 2010 in the country by Forbes. Cate leads the UW “Half the Sky” Women, Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship Exploration Seminar and teaches many MBA classes. Questions? Email Cate - firstname.lastname@example.org The class SLN is 20023 Special Topics in Management.
*These include a vice president, a successful entrepreneur, co-founders of a business that grooms women leaders, a manager whose husband stays home with the children, and a novelist. You will also have the opportunity to contact and personally interview another leader you admire.