Calling all STEM majors!
· Are you looking for an easy writing credit class?
· Are you looking to stand out on your resume for graduate school?
· Are you looking to make an impact on someone’s life?
If you answer YES to any of the questions, then you should join the Dream Project.
The Dream Project is a UW course and a social outreach program where UW undergrads mentor first-generation and low-income students in King County high schools as they navigate the complex college admissions process.
Overview of class:
2 credit lecture (EDUC 360)
· Writing Credit (optional)
Weekly high school visit at one of 17 schools
· Visit times are spread out through the week
· Transportation time is included & transportation to the high school is provided
Attend additional events throughout the quarter
Write two 1-page reflection papers
It is not to late to sign up! We are in serious need of more mentors for Kent-Meridian high school and Renton high school. Breakfast is provided.