Seeking a current UW student who has Work Study as part of their financial aid package to work as a Student Assistant in our busy and fun office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create weekly flyers and post in engineering buildings
· Track and document student assignment submissions
· Create weekly communications with students about employment opportunities
· Respond to student email requests for appointments
· Instruct students on process required for initial appointments
· Follow current protocols and recommend improvements
· Assist with special events and assist Program staff as required
10-11 hours per week during 10 weeks each quarter (Autumn-Spring)
Work hours can be flexible based on academic schedule.
· Good oral and written communication
· Familiar working with Word and Excel
· Familiar with Access database (or willing to learn)
· Comfortable learning new systems
· Reliable and on-time
· Diligent and accurate in work habits
· Able to work independently with little direct supervision
· Enjoy working with people by email and in person
· Resourceful, creative, efficient and reliable
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
The Engineering Co-op & Internship Program provides an academic credit-bearing experience for students employed in engineering-related positions in industry. We work with employers, students and advisers to create opportunities and administer the academic program. We are casual yet driven to succeed and we seek a creative, self-reliant and motivated student to join our team.
THIS JOB IS OPEN ONLY TO STUDENTS WITH CURRENT WORK STUDY FOR 2012-13.